HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2023 is here! Vacation is over, and I am mediating on the goodness of God, and thinking about the memories we made over the holidays!
One of the highlights for me was decorating gingerbread houses with our 11 grandchildren. This is an annual event they look forward to every year! I made their favorite chicken corn soup, watched “Home Alone” and they slept over. It’s fun to see their personalities and creativity coming through the décor on their houses. So much laughter, singing, eating and energy! A few were not feeling well, but still did great!
Our family was together for Christmas Eve, with lots of food, laughter, gifts and of course the Eagles Game!
I am so thankful for the freedom we still have in this great country to celebrate the birth of Jesus! He is the reason we have hope, life and a bright future. The peace we can experience is beyond comprehension, as we let go, trust Him and live and abide in His presence!
To me, that looks like….
- Thankful – Starting each day with a thankful heart, regardless of how I feel.
- Trust – Letting go of control, and trusting Him with anticipation and hope! He works ALL things for my good.
- Mediation – Reading the Bible and letting it change me.
- Conversation – Talking to Him throughout my day, sharing it with Him! Asking for wisdom as situations arise.
- Guard – My heart & mind – Proverbs 4:23 says “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Watch my words…speak life, stay away from negativity.
- BELIEVE! Expecting God to surprise me, and do IMPOSSIBLE THINGS! “Call upon me and I will show you great and mighty things that you do not know!” HE IS AMAZING!!
Prayer – “Lord, help us to be aware of your presence each moment of the day. May we walk each day in surrender and recognizing our need of you. Guard our hearts and minds. May we take time to enjoy, love and make a difference! This will bring us true happiness and contentment. THANK YOU, for coming to earth, so that we can live victorious and abundant lives! In Jesus name, Amen.”
CHEERS TO 2023 my friends! I can’t wait to get back to work to see my Cavod Family! Have an amazing week, with a cup of coffee!
- – Here’s a chuckle for you…A Christmas ornament pictured below, that I received from one of our Cavod families! LOVE IT so much!