Into the Woods Jr. Musical Theatre Camp Ages 10-18 yrs
This two-week musical theatre camp will allow students ages 10-18 to develop their theatre skills through master classes from professors and professionals. They will also hone their performance abilities as they work together to perform a full-length show! The end of camp production will feature professional costumes, lighting, and music!
All campers will have the additional opportunity to go to NYC and see a Broadway show!
The trip will take place on Wednesday, June 24th for an additional cost of $165, which is a separate fee from camp. This NYC trip is recommended for all registrants, but is optional. Students will need to pack a lunch. There will be no time to buy on the way. The $165 price includes ticket to Aladdin on Broadway, transportation (to and from Cavod), and up to $20 for dinner at Junior’s in NYC (see website for menu and prices – https://www.juniorscheesecake.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Broadway-Main-Menu-09.26.2018.pdf). You can bring cash if you want to spend more than $20 on dinner. We will pay gratuities.
We will meet at Cavod at 8:00am and will return around 9:00pm. Parents are welcome, as chaperones are needed for the trip ($165 per person). Seats are first come, first served! A $100 non-refundable deposit will be charged to your card upon registration to reserve your space. The $65 balance will be due by May 31st. Payments are non – refundable.
Auditions & Costume Fitting
- Auditions will be held Thursday, June 4th from 4:30pm-9:30pm. Each person auditioning is required to bring a resume with headshot and should prepare a one minute monologue and 16 bars of music. Please provide our accompanist with sheet music if you would like them to play for you. We recommend that you dress comfortably for movement. Each child must audition in order to be cast in the performance. Everyone who auditions will be guaranteed a part in the musical. Questions? Contact us!
- A read-through and costume fitting will take place Saturday, June 6th from 9:00am-12:00pm.
- July 13-24, Monday-Friday* 9:00am – 3:00pm (bring a packed lunch)
- *Friday, July 24, 9:00am – 7:00pm (dinner provided)
Show Dates for Live Performances
- Saturday, July 25 at 2pm and 7pm
- Sunday, July 26 at 2pm and 7pm
$350 – early bird discount if paid in full by May 4th, 2020
$380 – after May 4th, 2020
*$75 non-refundable deposit will be charged upon registration
Camp Dress Code
Bottoms: basketball shorts, joggers, sweatpants, leggings, capris, mid-thigh length shorts
Tops: t-shirts, sleeveless shirts (no spaghetti straps), sweaters, sweatshirts
–please make sure all clothing is modest and movement friendly
–girls – if you would like, you are more welcome to wear a leotard and leggings