What is Tap Dancing?
Tap dancing, one of the older forms of dance, involves making percussive sounds with the feet, often using metallic caps on the tap shoe of the tap dancer to accentuate the sharp clicks and clacks dancers use to stomp out a rhythm.
History of Tap Dancing
Tap allows students to understand musicality and rhythm. Students are taught to count music, keep rhythm, and improvise sounds. Quick footwork and minimal upper-body movement characterize hoofer tap, while Broadway tap is a more theatrical version of the genre.
Tap Dance Training at Cavod
Cavod Academy offers tap classes emphasizing Broadway and hoofer-style tap. Classes consist of warm-up, center and traveling exercises, and learning choreographed combinations. Students are taught tap vocabulary, rhythm construction, and syncopation. We offer classes for ages 4 to adult for beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill levels.
Benefits of Tap Dancing
Tap dancing can be a demanding practice. Time steps, basic steps, and other tap dancing moves improves the students sense of balance, core strength, and agility.
Adult Tap classes focus on Broadway and hoofer-styLearn More
Conditioning for Dancers
Conditioning for Dancers will direct dancers in hoLearn More
Junior Tap is an intro tap class focusing on BroadLearn More
Kinder Tap is an intro tap class focusing on BroadLearn More
Tap 1 is an intro tap class focusing on Broadway aLearn More
Tap 2 is a beginner/intermediate tap class focusinLearn More
Tap 3 is a intermediate/advanced class that focuLearn More
- We exist to reflect the glory of God!
- We do this through our beautiful facility, through the clean and uplifting music we use, the modest and colorful costumes, the encouraging manner of our professional teachers, and the kindness of our students and families.
- Our café and playroom are family friendly, and people tell us this place feels welcoming and warm.
- Our students are truly challenged, and the standard of excellence is high, balanced with love and joy in every class.
- Cavod means The Glory of God in Hebrew so just call us the reflectors of His glory!
Cavod currently offers a variety of performance art classes in dance, acting, music, gymnastics, and more. These courses are designed to provide students with an opportunity to explore the arts while challenging them to achieve a standard of excellence. As students strive to attain excellence in their art, they also learn skills such as patience, perseverance, self-discipline and teamwork. As a result, they gain confidence and they have lots of fun in the process!Learn More